Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ch. 8 ....and the Winner Is!


"This year's Green Globe Award goes to Kelly Taylor Armstrong!"  That's what was said at the ceremony the other night.  It is amazing how far I have come along.  Now the leading actress on my current movie project, and getting scripts left and right to read over.  I even have a limo service that picks me up, and brings me home.  The downside is still the paparazzi.  They have no qualms coming into the yard when Jean Luc is working on his garden.  My husband just ignores them, and continues weeding the garden.  I could never do that, I have to keep up my publicity now.

I have to admit, I do kind of enjoy being stopped to sign autographs, and I think it's cute when someone has to stop what they are doing so they can take a photo of me with their cell phone.  My agent says it's good for publicity, but I just like making my fans happy.  The money is rolling in too, which helps with our remodel, due to all the events I am asked to oversee.  I am just happy to be of help.


Jean Luc finally had his chef's hat!  I guess they don't earn them until they have proven themselves in a restaurant.  He was happy to accept the Executive Chef position.  It still amazes me that my husband, who is now approaching 90, still puts in time at the restaurant every day.  He loves to cook though, and I have to admit, besides his family, that food is his true passion.


From time to time, Alaire would pop in for a visit.  He took time to spend with all of us, and even helped Aimee study for her SATs.  She was fast approaching graduating, and really wanted to do well.  Alaire was working on his first book about his travels to his father's home country.  He couldn't stop speaking about France.  I was just happy to see him have a purpose!


He brought me a present from his last trip though.  It seems Alaire had my old jalopy traded in, and had gotten me a brand new car!  I laughed when he told me, "Mom, you are famous now.  You don't need that old thing anymore."  It was hard to explain to him that I'd kept that car to remind me of where I started out at.  I happily accepted my new gift though.  I felt that my time was coming to an end and I didn't want to harp on things that would sadden me so I decided to just enjoy this time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment