Friday, November 12, 2010

Ch. 7 Two Children Growing Up and One Leaves the Nest


It's hard to believe my children are growing up!  Aimee has been doing so well in school, and it just seems like yesterday that we bought her that dollhouse that she was asking for.  Scroll back up to the present, and she's just finished blowing out her candles, and fixing to head to high school!  She reminds me much of myself when I was that young, and I just know she will have some potential suitors following her around.  Aimee asked for a chess table so I picked one up from the store on the way home from the studio set.  She seems the opposite of Alaire, more logical where he's more artisy.

Pretty soon after Aimee's birthday, Alaire's followed.  Then before Jean Luc and I knew it, our son was graduating.  It's hard to believe that he went from being a troubled student to a straight A student!  We are so proud of him, and we both agree he will be successful at whatever he does.


It was soon after his graduation that Alaire sat us down to have a talk.  I knew this moment was coming though, and though I dreaded it, I would listen to what my son had to say.  He told us that he had ideas of being an illustrious writer traveling the world, but he couldn't do that just sitting at home.  He said that an offer had come to him, but it would mean he would have to leave.  Alaire would be traveling all over the world covering stories about every subject.  He subletted an apartment here in Buena Vista when he won't be traveling.  Lastly, he said he needed his space, and that he didn't love us any less.  We told our son that we understood, and that we were proud of him.  It was Aimee that took it the hardest.  She looked up to her big brother, and didn't know what she would do without him around.  Our son just hugged her, and told her that he was just a phone call away whenever she needed him.  I thought this was so touching!


Remember that dry spell I was having in my career?  Well things were looking up.  I received a Sims' Choice Award for Best Supporting Actress.  Jean Luc and the kids were so happy for me.  My new found fame had some drawbacks though.  The more fame meant the more privacy I lost.  Paparazzi hounded our doorsteps at all times, and we had more break ends.  It seems that burglars get a better price on stolen items from a celebrity's house!  Jean Luc is definitely on his way to a head chef.  He is a Sous-chef to the famous Wolfgang of all people!  I am so proud of him.  Things are going great, but I am realizing that Jean Luc and I aren't getting any younger, and our children are growing up before our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment