Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ch. 2 A Child is Born


I settled into married life really well.  Both our schedules were hectic with my budding film career, and Jean Luc's dreams of becoming a chef.  When I first moved here, I would constantly worry about money, but now we our both bringing in a decent amount.  Of course, most of our savings go into the house project.  That's ok though because it is important to me to leave something behind for my family.

My birthday came around before you knew it, and I sworn I felt my biological clock ticking.  Jean Luc just laughs at me when I have these worries.  I guess he doesn't think much about growing old and such.  I had a pretty busy day so I ate a piece of cake that Jean Luc had baked up for me before heading to work.  I needed to research a film and film the mayor's address speech that day.

Our architect added a breakfast nook to our kitchen, and I was even more excited when the contracter came by with the cabinets I had picked out for the kitchen.  I chose fushia and green marble to match our wallpaper which was green squares with pink roses in them.  I thought the colors would accent the wall nicely.  They installed brand new sinks, and an island.  I had been starting to make a name for myself, and was surprised when someone sent me a free dishwasher!  I was so excited, and couldn't wait to have it installed.  We had enough money left over that I bought a dining set for the breakfast nook.  Jean Luc loves the new kitchen, and since he is the better cook, is in there all the time.


It seems that there would be a special new addition besides the house remodeling.  Like any newlyweds, when Jean Luc and I aren't busy we are spending quite a bit of time together.  Both of us would love children in our lives so when I woke up one morning horribly sick I thought it wise to get a check up.  The doctor was more than happy to give me the great news.  I floored Jean Luc though when I delivered the news.  He looked shocked for a split second, but then the biggest grin settled on his face.  I knew then that he will be a wonderful dad to our baby.  He thinks we will have a girl, but I am secretly hoping for a boy myself.



Of course, once I began to show I was  put on maternity leave, but I made sure that wasn't a hinderance by working on my skills.  I was beginning to get so famous that I was having paparazzi show up everywhere I went.  I'm surprised they weren't there when I had to go to the hospital.  Jean Luc was supportive when I told him it was time, and he helped me into the car.  Many, many hours later we walked out the door with our beautiful son, Alaire Ray Armstrong.  I really wanted him to have something from Jean Luc's country so we agreed to give him a french name.  In french, his name translates to "joyful king".

No comments:

Post a Comment