Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ch. 5 Old Age Sets In


It is truly amazing how quickly time flies by!  We all helped celebrate Jean Luc's birthday.  Alaire was especially excited to watch his father try to blow out the trick candles he put on the cake.  I asked Jean Luc if he felt like retiring now that he was older, but he shook his head.  He told me that he still felt like he could do alot of things, but if he stopped feeling that way then he would consider it.

I had an abundance of vacation time off after having Aimee, and before you know it she was already a toddler!  Unlike her brother, she seemed more logical than artistic.  She took really well to the family, and even our maid fawned over her.

Alaire took to his little sister the most.  Everytime he got a chance, he would spend it with her.  He was such a great help when it came to babysitting, and Alaire even taught her to walk!  I had to pull him aside one day though, and make sure that he took some time on his school work first before playing with his sister.  It turns out he had a detention because of his C average and goofing around in class!  Jean Luc gave him a stern talking to, and made sure he understood that he would be grounded if he got detention again.



There was some craziness the other night.  It seems there were a rash of burglaries in the neighborhood, and last night we fell victim to the robber.  Luckily for me, Jean Luc insisted that our contractor install security systems on both doors leading into our home.  The cops catch the thief immediately, and took him away in handcuffs.  This just goes to show that crime does not pay!


My birthday fell on a day that the kids were busy, and Jean Luc was at work.  I told Jean Luc that I didn't want a big fan-fair over my birthday, but my darling husband still baked me a cake.  He is always thinking about me or the kids.  I don't know how I feel about getting old, but my career was going great!  I had been making alot of appearances at different places, and have been getting good pay for these events.  We made enough that the building is all done on the house, and we just have to focus on the remodeling inside.  I pulled Alaire aside, and asked him how he felt about taking over the house if something were to happen to his father and me, but he told me to leave the house to his sister.  Alaire talked about traveling, and that he wouldn't have the time to stay here in the city to play house.  It saddens me that he doesn't want to take over my legacy, but I am sure that my sweet daughter will do a terrific job!

No comments:

Post a Comment