Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ch. 3 ....and Action!


It finally happened!  My director offered me a role on the soap opera he directs.  Of course, I said yes.  I was so excited to give Jean Luc the great news, and he wanted to know when he could start watching me on tv.  Our schedules became busier between my new job, Jean Luc's new taste testing position, and raising our little baby.  Though we struggled some, we managed some how.

Before we knew it, little Alaire's first birthday was here.  Jean Luc and I both took some time off so we could celebrate.  He made one of his famous birthday cake's, and I helped Alaire blow out the candles.  I stare into my son's face, and can't believe we made something so precious.

I wasn't able to be there for much of Alaire's training, but I did manage to potty train him!  That seems like the important one in my book. (no more diapers) I can't help but smile too, when I watch my adorable son climb up on his potty.  Jean Luc taught him to talk, and he got to see his first steps.


Because of our finances the baby's things were in the downstairs living room.  We knew though that the next step of the house project was to add a bedroom for our son.  We had a deep discussion on whether we should move the crib upstairs or just start saving up for when he gets older.  Jean Luc and I finally agreed that it would be a better idea to buy a bed.  We found this cute little boy's bed at a great deal, and the salesman threw in this toy chest with it!  We rummaged the yard sales and flea markets for some toys to fill up the toy chest.


Pretty soon it was time for another birthday.  It is truly amazing how quickly Alaire is growing!  He is ready for his first day of school, and is already badgering me to buy him an easel.  All he wants to do is draw, draw, and draw.  Of course, I agree with the easel idea.  It beats catching him drawing on the walls like when he was a toddler!  Jean Luc and I have talked about having another baby, maybe even a little girl, but I am still not sure if we are financial ready for one more child.  It took all our expenses just to add Alaire's room for him.  My other worry is that now that I am an actress, and continually get noticed that my son will have to deal with the hazards of being a famous person's child.

No comments:

Post a Comment